If your still reading this I want to extend my personal thanks to you, it was good to get that off of my chest. Whether you know me or not I'm glad you were there to listen. I hope that you choose to follow my blog and encourage me along the way. Heaven knows I need it! The first step is to lay out some specific goals. Here they are.
Goal #1: Lose weight, I am currently 282lbs. I am going to commit to losing 72lbs in the next 365 days. This is an extremely reasonable goal I think. I plan on doing this with a reasonable diet plan and exercise.
Goal #2: Find suitable employment, I was laid off last Aug, and I have had a difficult time finding work. I am committed to finding a job, even if it is minimum wage. I will require that it be of a steady type that interferes as little as possible with the time I have with my daughter.
Goal #3: Begin school, I am scared of this one! Even if I take only a few classes to begin with, I must start with something. This is the reason that I must find stable employment. I will need a job that works either nights or days but doesn't fluctuate. I believe that at minimum wage, this is attainable.
Goal #4: Listen to God, I must continue a path toward becoming more like Christ. I commit to reading from my bible daily, attending church on Sundays and Wednesday nights, and volunteering at least one day per week.
Goal #5: Maintain a daily blog, I believe this is will play a key role in achieving my ultimate goal of being the best man I can be. It will provide accountability from others, and maybe I can touch a few lives along the way.
So there we have it, five goals that are attainable. I believe this will help to get me started toward a new and much improved me. Please feel free to let me know if you have any ideas of your own that may help. I know that there are others out there that are fighting with some of the same things I have been, my goal is to become a better man, what is yours?

No comments:
Post a Comment