Monday, June 21, 2010
The real Fathers day!
Today I was blessed with all of my children, they showed up around noon just in time for a picnic. We took a small walk to a little gazebo along side a pond where we enjoyed left over pizza from Father's Day dinner. Kaytlin went to town on a couple of graham crackers and a pizza bone. we were visited by a wasp who met his untimely end. After lunch we packed up and headed to the Y for an afternoon of swimming. Swimming went well, because we didn't have any sunblock we alternated between swimming inside and outside. Kaytlin is quite the water bug, unlike her big sister who is plagued with a fear of water. Julianna was however doing pretty good today. I think she is coming around. After swimming we headed to the store for a few dinner ingredients. Once home we shared dinner together at our dinner table for the first time in months. We each took a few minutes of prayer and thanked God for something special I thanked god for our time together, Bradley too thanked god for our time together, Julianna thanked God for the heat because it allowed us to swim outside.:) After dinner I prepared some mint chocolate chip shakes and we all enjoyed that even little miss Kaytlin. we spent the rest of the evening relaxing with a couple of good movies. I'm afraid that today will be difficult to top especially because I've developed a terribly sore throat. We'll just have to see how it all turns out. Overall today was a hugely spirit lifting experience for me. Thank you God for this most wonderful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so glad that you had a great time with the kids. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and your spirits seem to be much higher today. Do not try to top days just take them as they come.
ReplyDeleteBTW I am sure you know that you are a hero now for killing that wasp for them. How old are the kids and Kaytlin Y was she eating a BONE? Just curious...LOL
But best of luck with your sore throat and spend as much happy moments with the little ones they will remember this for the rest of their lives.
Hugs